Each performing company must provide a technician to operate each performance. The technician must remain at the technical desk and emergency phone throughout each performance in case of any problems.
If you need to hire a technician then we can normally provide a member of our team to act as Show Operator. We operate on a first-come-first-served approach with competitive rates and a discount for requests made before May 31. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What will your Show Operator do?
- The Show Operator is a member of our technical team who will be available to operate each of your performances.
- You will normally have the same person for each show, although we sometimes change Show Operators each week or for operational reasons (e.g. sickness).
- The Show Operator will attend your Fit Up and learn the show.
- They are familiar with our technical equipment and will support you with lighting, sound and projection. For shows with complicated technical requirements you may need to hire a separate Show Operator for each role.
What do I need to do?
- You are still responsible for designing and preparing the technical aspects of your show. This means that you should design your lighting and acquire any music/sound effects etc that you would like to use.
- You will need to provide an annotated script or cue sheet for the Show Operator to follow.